Friday, January 11, 2013

Catching up with Onyeka Nwelue - author, film maker, cultural entrepreneur

Left photo: Gina Dadia, Araceli Aipoh, Onyeka Nwelue, Chambers Umezulike and Fred  Apugo.
Right: Araceli Aipoh, Onyeka Nwelue,  Chambers Umezulike, and  Ernel Santos

After office hours last Thursday, 10 January 2013, I headed straight home to dump my things and have a short rest before proceeding to the Julius Berger Clubhouse in Utako for a meeting with Onyeka Nwelue, a Nigerian writer, filmmaker and cultural entrepreneur, who divides his time between Delhi, India and Lagos, Nigeria.

We were to to discuss a few things regarding his plan to hold an AFRO-ASIAN ARTS FESTIVAL here in Abuja and to catch up with the old times since the last time I saw him  in 2009 (or was it 2010?) when he visited me in my office to give me a copy of his novel The Abyssinian Boy. 

We were joined by a couple of his friends as well as my friends, Gina Dadia (of Eland Oil and Gas) and Ernel Santos (of Julius Berger PLC).



No comments:

Post a Comment